top of page

Bee Bites Dangers

The bee bites can be dangerous for some kids who develop an allergic reaction to it. This is a real disaster! It can cause complications and in the worst cases it can lead to death. Allergic reactions to flying stinging insects including bee bites are relatively common. Usually, if your kid is allergic to bee bites, the bite will cause him pain, swelling, redness and itching. However this isn’t the case of all kids who are allergic to bee bites, for some of them will experience bigger complications such as larger areas of swelling that can last up to a weak. Unfortunately this is not the end, for sometimes the allergic reaction to bee bites can cause anaphylaxis. Anaphylaxis is a serious allergic reaction that is very rapid and may cause death! It usually occurs within 10 to 30 minutes after the bee bite.

If your child is allergic to bee bites he might develop the following symptoms:

  • Trouble in breathing or swallowing.

  • Swelling of the tongue or lips.

  • Gross swelling that spreads far from the bee sting site.

  • Hives all over your child’s body.

  • Feeling faint or dizzy.

Call your doctor immediately in the following cases:

  • If the sting happens in the mouth since the mucus membrane in his mouth might get swollen and block his airways.

  • If you notice difficulty in respiration with wheezing.

  • If your child starts vomiting.

  • In case of dizziness.

  • In case of loss of conscious.

Usually the doctor will administer a shot of epinephrine to treat the allergic reaction which will relieve the symptoms in 15mn.

If your child has any history with allergic reaction to bee or insects bites, it is better to talk to your doctor and administer a vaccine for allergic reactions.

8 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All
bottom of page